Mechanic Job Opening
The Mechanic must be thoroughly familiar with all aspects of company field equipment, trucks, automobiles, and small engines to include establishing a preventative maintenance (PM) program, making repairs as needed, deciding when to subcontract repair work, bringing in a part-time small engine mechanic when needed, determining when an item is beyond economical repair, recommending purchases of new equipment, scheduling all items for PM, mobilizing large equipment to/from job sites, etc. The Mechanic must also display management capability to effectively run the shop on a daily basis, operate with minimal supervision, and maintain a professional atmosphere.
Job Skills & Personal Characteristics
- Minimum of two years’ experience.
- Minimum of a high-school diploma or GED.
- Possess a clean driver’s license and must be insurable on company’s insurance policy.
- Have knowledge of and be able to operate various pieces of “heavy” equipment, mowers, and other equipment.
- Perform complex on-site diagnostics and repairs on commercial lawn mowers and 2-cycle engines (string trimmers, edgers, back blowers).
- Maintain excellent working condition of service vehicles, trailers, inventory, tools, and equipment.
- May establish and implement effective stocking processes to maintain the proper seasonal parts inventory.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Fill out and maintain required paperwork, such as maintenance service logs on all equipment and service vehicles.
- Responsible for the security, condition, cleanliness, and safety of the shop. These responsibilities include keeping all areas of the shop clean (shop cleanup every evening), making sure all equipment is locked up / secured and that all safety measures are followed in the shop.
- Account for all time and materials being used during repairs and maintenance.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must always practice safety.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Ability to bend and stoop on a continuous basis.
- Full range of mobility in upper and lower body.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to work around bees, poison ivy, pollen, thorns and other environmental risks.
- Wear work boots, company uniforms and present yourself in a clean and professional manner.
- Must wear provided company personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Maintaining proper seasonal inventory
- Conducting preventative maintenance
- Tracking of repairs
- Cost benefit analysis to determine if equipment should be repaired or sold
- Shop organization and cleanliness
- Adherence to Core Values
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive salary
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- HSA Account
- Employer match Simple IRA
- Paid training / continuing education programs
- Company Reds, Bengals, FC Cincinnati & Concert Tickets
- Snacks, Gatorade, water provided daily
- $18 – $25/hr (BOE)
About Seasons Best Landscaping
H&T Services / Seasons Best Landscaping is one of the most reliable and trusted grounds maintenance & landscape installation companies in the Greater Cincinnati market. As a Veteran Owned Business, we pride ourselves on our unwavering commitment to quality and customer service!
H&T Services / Seasons Best Landscaping has over 15 years of experience in commercial and residential grounds maintenance. Our client base is focused on higher-end residential and commercial properties. Our service area covers communities throughout the Northern Kentucky, Greater Cincinnati, and Southern Dayton areas. We are a fast-paced, high-growth company that is a multiple recipient of the Cincinnati Business Courier’s Fast 55 Award.
We believe our employees are our most valuable asset. This is why we offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a great place to work. We are looking for a positive, energetic and competitive individual to join our dynamic team who will faithfully carry out our company’s mission, vision and core values.
To be recognized by our clients, team members and industry experts as the #1 recommended landscape maintenance and installation company in our region.
To go above and beyond all expectations of our clients while enhancing the beauty and value of their property.
Grit – Leadership – Best in Class – Selfless Service